Monday, January 30, 2017

Normal Fundoscopic Examination

Normal Fundus. The disk has sharp margins and is normal in color, with a small central cup. Arterioles and venules have normal color, sheen, and course. Background is in normal color. The macula is enclosed by arching temporal vessels. The fovea is located by a central pit.

Introduction. Fundoscopic examination should be a part of routine physical examination and it is important to know the normal findings in order to detect the abnormalities. Here a brief discussion is given about normal finding on fundoscopic examination.

Disk: The disk is pale pink, approximately 1.5 mm in diameter, with sharp, flat margins. The physiologic cup is located within the disk and usually measures less than six-tenths the disk diameter. The cups should be approximately equal in both eyes.

Vessels:The central retinal artery and central retinal vein travel within the optic nerve, branching near the surface into the inferior and superior branches of arterioles and venules, respectively. Normally the walls of the vessels are not visible; the column of blood within the walls is visualized. The venules are seen as branching, dark red lines. The arterioles are seen as bright red branching lines, approximately two-thirds or three-fourths the diameter of the venules.


Macula: This is an area of the retina located temporal to the disk; it is void of visible vessels. The fovea is an area of depression approximately 1.5 mm in diameter (similar to the optic disk) in the center of the macula. The foveola is a tiny pit located in the center of the fovea. These areas correspond to central vision.

Background : The background fundus is red; there is some variation in the color, depending on the amount of individual pigmentation and the visibility of the choroidal vessels beneath the retina.

Points To Remember: 

  • The cup/disk ratio is slightly larger in the African American population.
  • The normal fundus should be void of any hemorrhages, exudates, or tortuous vasculature.


3 comments:


  1. I feel so excited today because it's just a year since I got my breakthrough from Herpes.I was diagnosed of HSV1 on the 12/4/2015 and latter i got affected with the HSV2. That was my 2nd outbreak after i lost my ex fiance that got me affected with the virus. I was so scared when he died and what i heard about the Herpes virus as he's deathly and such has no cure. I feel so pity and and a disgrace to my personality,in my career and my family to have been in with the deathly sickness, and that would makes my love ones siblings stay far from me. I was going to my regular church activities when i begin to hear testimonies of how people get cure online, i never gave it a thought till my cousin Stephanie who was affected with HIV told me, Lenny you need not to worry cos i met i man today online , i traditional herbal healer whom two of her friends confirmed he cure them with his herbal herbs that i should give it a try. I saw the interest in her and she did contact the herbal doctor again in my present, luckily for me he picked and show up himself, behold he was at about to attain to some patients that have came back with appreciation of how he cure them from Cancer, HIV, and off much too the herpes he cured an 18 years old daughter.
    I was so happy that day, i wanted to be there but the distance was a barrier to me. I told him how the virus had eaten me up and and a truly believe there's cure for herpes. He told me me with assurance that my case wont be different and he had been curing lots of people With his herbal medicine and most people due contact him from the States and preperd the medicine and made use of the DHL to reach him.
    Honestly speaking Dr. Akpu power his a great and gifted herbalist,His destined to herbs.
    He made me do away with the medical prescription,the acyclovir (Zovirax), famciclovir(Famvir), and valacyclovir (valtrex). you don't know him because you haven't meet this man try and contact him yourself Dr. Akpu in Africa is popularly known in his City,and you can request for his address yourself. I'm so happy now cos,I and my cousin had been confirmed negative till date..the Lord is good in my life. Dr. Akpu sent me his herbal medicine that heal me too, 🙏 🙏 Dr. Akpu for giving me another life.
    Contact Dr.akpu for all kids of sickness@
    Dr.akpupowerherbscenter@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am very happy to inform the general public that I am finally cured from Herpes simplex virus recently with the use of herbal medicine, the powerful herbal medicine cured me completely and i was tested negative after usage, I am using this means to inform other's who have the virus that there is a cure for Herpes simplex 1&2 . It is absolutely true. I was cured by Dr Alli, only him I can recognize who cure Herpes perfectly well. I will advice you to contact this great doctor who God has send to put an end to the sorrowful and deadly disease. Contact him via Email  Allispellhelp1@gmail.com or add him on WhatsApp +2348100772528

    ReplyDelete
  3. I want to share my testimony on how i get cure of my HERPES GENITAL with the help of Doctor ESE, i have being suffering for this disease for a very long time now.i have try several means to get rid of of the (HERPES) disease for the last five years and had constant pain, especially in my knees. During the first year,I had faith in God that i would be healed someday.This disease started circulate all over my body and i have been taking treatment from my doctor, few weeks ago i came on search on the internet if i could get any information concerning the prevention of this disease, on my search i saw a testimony of someone who has been healed from (Hepatitis B and Cancer) by this Man Dr ESE and she also gave the email address of this man and advise we should contact him for any sickness that he would be of help, so i wrote to Dr ESE telling him about my (HERPES Virus) he told me not to worry that i was going to be cured!! hmm i never believed it,, well after all the procedures and remedy given to me by this man few weeks later i started experiencing changes all over me as the Doctor assured me that i am cured,after some time i went to my doctor to confirmed if i have be finally healed behold it was TRUE, So friends my advise is if you have such sickness or any other at all you can email Dr ESE on { dresehome@gmail.com } sir i am indeed grateful for the help i will forever recommend you to my friends and to share this to every one that have any of this sickness.  

    ReplyDelete