Monday, June 26, 2017

Congestive Cardiac Failure As Seen On Chest X ray

An elderly male presents with a history of exertional dyspnea, orthopnea, and paroxysmal nocturnal dyspnea.

His chest x ray is shown below:


Diagnosis : Congestive cardiac failure

Discussion: The Chest X Ray shows classic evidence of left ventricular failure, i.e.

  • cardiomegaly (cardiothoracic ratio >50%), 
  • upper lobe pulmonary venous diversion, and 
  • Kerley B lines (which indicate distension of lymphatics). 

In addition, there is evidence of sternotomy wires, suggesting previous coronary artery bypass surgery (CABG).

Followup Of this Patient: Following diuresis, the pulmonary infiltrates have cleared . (X ray shown below).
Only fluid and blood on the chest radiograph can clear rapidly (within days). This patient also has a right internal jugular central venous line.


2 comments:

  1. Good day to all viewer online am so happy sharing this great testimony on how i was checking for solution in the internet then miraculously i came Across Dr.Aire the powerful herbalist that Cure Numerous individuals Herpes Simplex Virus,so I contacted him base on the testimonies I?m seeing about him on the internet, I was cured too by him, kindly contact him actoday through his email he can help you email ; drairehome@gmail.com OR WHATSAPP +2347036740271

    ReplyDelete
  2. I started on COPD Herbal treatment from Ultimate Health Home, the treatment worked incredibly for my lungs condition. I used the herbal treatment for almost 4 months, it reversed my COPD. My severe shortness of breath, dry cough, chest tightness gradually disappeared. Reach Ultimate Health Home via their website at www.ultimatelifeclinic.com I can breath much better and It feels comfortable!

    ReplyDelete