Monday, June 5, 2017

A 29-year-old man presents to his doctor with a rash ...

A 29-year-old man presents to his doctor with a rash (shown in picture below). The rash does not itch and has been present over the last week. A large, red area developed first, followed by a more generalized rash that is now present.
Physical examination shows that the rash appears in a Christmas-tree pattern on his chest and back.


The most likely diagnosis is
A) Pityriasis rosea
B) Tinea versicolor
C) Herpes zoster
D) Varicella
E) Lyme disease

The answer is
A. (Pityriasis rosea)

Discussion:
Pityriasis rosea is a common papulosquamous rash that occurs mainly on the trunks of young adults
during the spring and fall. The condition begins with the onset of a “herald patch” that is oval and erythematous. Usually within 2 to 10 days, a generalized rash follows. The individual lesions have fine scaling noted around their edges. In many cases, a Christmas-tree pattern is seen over the
back. The lesions may continue to appear for 2 to 3 weeks. Most cases resolve by 6 to 8 weeks. Pruritus is often present. The disease is not contagious.

Treatment consists of oatmeal colloidal baths, calamine lotion, antihistamines, topical steroids, and ultraviolet-B treatments. Systemic steroids may be necessary for severe cases.

5 comments:

  1. Buongiorno, tutti problemi della pelle si possono risolvere con dei prodotti naturali della mia azienda... Per info: https://bozenaannadudauniversodisalute.myduolife.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Buongiorno, tutti problemi della pelle si possono risolvere con dei prodotti naturali della mia azienda... Per info: https://bozenaannadudauniversodisalute.myduolife.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I started on COPD Herbal treatment from Ultimate Health Home, the treatment worked incredibly for my lungs condition. I used the herbal treatment for almost 4 months, it reversed my COPD. My severe shortness of breath, dry cough, chest tightness gradually disappeared. Reach Ultimate Health Home via their website at www.ultimatelifeclinic.com I can breath much better and It feels comfortable!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's hard to find a genuine Herbalist These days , because there are so many Of them flaunting and parading themselves to be Herbal Practitioners. This made me Succumb to the fact that I will never be cured of Herpes Virus 2 , which I have been battling since August 16 2021. I became a loner, Afraid of dying as well. Earlier this Year 2022 i came to find out about numerous testimonies Recommending a Certain Herbalist , Who goes by the name of MOMOH. I ignored them because I never believed in Them. I finally decided to reach out to him when a distant Nephew of mine, Whom i never told or knew i had herpes Virus 2, Got cured From Epilepsy And Sickle cell, I thought at once he might be of help . So I contacted him and I can tell you today that I have been very proud of myself for making the move to contact him, I finally got cured of herpes virus 2 with the Herbal medicine DR Momoh Sent to me. After years of Suffering from this virus, I am finally permanently cured. God bless You so Much sir . Contact him on his Email : dr.momoh9@gmail.com . You can Write him on Whatsapp/Call him Directly on +2347083724098

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was cured___________Sure Treatment for herpes!!

    Please contact:

    Email R.buckler11 (((@gmail……com)))

    Thanks for reading

    ReplyDelete